Wednesday 5 May 2021

Used furniture is about to become a $16.6 billion business. Even Ikea is getting in on it

Used furniture is about to become a $16.6 billion business. Even Ikea is getting in on it

Americans dump 12 million tons of furniture into landfills annually. What if we kept these pieces circulating in the economy? Okay, I’ll admit it. I’ve bought furniture on impulse or out of desperation without thinking about its environmental impact. That rickety $150 Ikea bed I used for only two years in grad school. The $99 Target bar cart I picked up while shopping for a party. The $75 Wayfair lamp that completed my living room.
Read more: https://www.fastcompany.com/90622055/used-furniture-is-about-to-become-a-16-6-billion-business-even-ikea-is-getting-in-on-it?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment